- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces oyster mushrooms cut into evenly sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Spread the mushrooms out in a single layer in the pan. Cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Stir the mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the ghee/butter, garlic, and thyme to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, spooning the ghee/butter over the mushrooms until they are dark brown and slightly crispy.
- Remove the thyme springs and season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!